Friday, December 21, 2012

Evolution of Consciusness(Post 25)-Multiple 'I'



 Multiple 'I' and False Personalities.


According to 4th Way, people have multiple ‘I’s, not one integrated ‘I’.

How.

Let us first look at the three centers Instinct, Emotional and Intellect.

One can consider Instinctive Functions as an ‘I’, likewise emotional and Intellectual.

Now Let us consider a situation,

Emotinally one LOVES HIS WIFE, instinctively DESIRES FOR ANOTHER WOMAN.

Here supposing,

The instinctive ‘I’ overrides the emotional ‘I' , the person builds a relationship with the other woman, 

bringing disharmony in his relationship with his wife.

And further, as defense,

The Intellectual ‘I’ may come out with all sorts of REASONS, CAUSES to justify the action.

One can easily see how MECHANICALLY,  the 'I's  played out their act.

Here,

 we are not taking any MORAL stance, the purpose is to highlight the presence of

multiple ‘I’s  and their mechanical and contradictory nature.

Added to these basic ‘I’s,

As one has to performs different roles ( Brother, Father, Businessman, Friend etc) in the society, 

 more ‘I’s  called as ‘Personalities’ are added to the above basic three 'I's.

Among them there may be common characteristics and contradictions as well. 

All these multiple ‘I’s  are basically built as a survival strategy.

But, they are not necessarily harmonious or present at the same time,

One ‘I’ may take precedence over others and the rest will hide behind depending on the situation.

Now, 

the most important aspect of these ‘I’s  or Personalities is that one is not aware of  several

‘I’s’ operating in him but believes that there is only one ‘I’ and the True one.

And moreover,

Since, one is not aware, he has no control over them.

Let us look at the above situation,

The Instinctive ‘I’ took precedence and acted,

The Emotional ‘I’ is suppressed and

The Intellectual ‘I’  supported  the action.

All the three ‘I’s involved simply reacted according to what they are, like machines.

The person in the situation had no control whatsoever over the ‘I’s.

These ‘I’s controlled everything and the person did not have the slightest control over

them.

What we can not control can not belong to us.

So, these ‘I’s or Personalities do not belong to that person.

In other words, they are not True but False ‘I’s..

These are called as False Personalities.

In any situation,

False Personalities controls everything, and the person in the situation has no control over

them.

And so, all False personalities are wholly mechanical in nature.

They can only REACT according to what they are but never RESPOND to a situation.

When we say RESPOND, we mean taking an integrated view of the situation.

We saw in the above example, only fragmented INSTINCTVE view was in

Consideration, emotional (Family), and intellectual (Social) view did not appear.

Going beyond the example, we can examine many situations ourselves and figure out the False

Personalities and their mechanical nature.

We have already seen in the earlier posts that 'Personality' or 'Ego-Self' is a cultivated entity and the 

'Essence' or 'True-Self' is the real 'I'.

We will see, how to identify the False Personalities and  bring out the real  'I' .

Self-Remembering is the tool to do that.


No comments:

Post a Comment